Decatur, GA

i recently had an upper endoscopy because of gerd symptoms and all looked normal. dr thought it was psychological. so i stopped taking esomeprazole but now have heartburn after eating. can i still have heartburn even with no damage to the esophagus?

Dr. Aditi Gupta
Yes: you can continue antacid even thoigh no structural inflmmation on endoscopy , however zantac or Ranitidine is an effective treatmeent with better saftey profile
Uncertain: If there is acid reluxing into your esophagus that could cause damage over time. I don't know what to say if the doctor said medical causes appear to be ruled out. This type of situation is always perplexing.