Beverly Hills, CA

Been athelte for the most of my life. lvd size is 63mm. should i get worried? average hr is 40. bp - normal. ejection fraction - 60. almost for the whole of my 30 years doing activities, it was aerobic cardio trainings. should i be worried?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Consult Cardiologist: Per NCBI, "Intense exercise may cause heart remodeling to compensate for increases in blood pressure or volume by increasing muscle mass. Cardiac changes can involve not only the left ventricle, but all heart chambers." Your best option is to consult a cardiologist. They can explain in detail the results of the echocardiogram and if there are any concerning changes.

Last updated May 18, 2020