U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old male asked:

I get lot of negative thoughts thesedays. i know that it all depends on what you think and perceive, but i need some help to get rid of such feelings?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Stewart
Clinical Psychology 45 years experience
Find a mental health: Professional to "coach" you on changing your negative thinking. There are also many books available, such as feeling good: the new mood therapy. Also helpful is exercising, socializing, practicing gratefulness, helping others, committing to meaningful goals. The sooner you get help, the sooner you feel better.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Psychiatry 43 years experience
See a psychologist: A psychologist can help you with these negative thoughts, if you're willing to see one. Cognitive behavioral therapy can target these thoughts along with associated emotional states, and be very effective.
Last updated Oct 23, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.