Dallas, TX

person in dad's ofc (large lawfirm on 2 floors) neg for flu, etc. & presumed pos for covid-19. his ofc closed today. how much of a risk is it to him and me (live in same house)? no one in his section is off, so not sure where in ofc sick person works

Dr. Miles Mitchell
Specializes in Family Medicine
Some risk: The risk is low, higher if your dad works in personal contact with the sick person. If there's any possibility of the sick person, or any of that person's contacts, getting COVID-19 testing, that would help determine risk and then appropriate action. If no testing, then monitor for symptoms in you and your dad (cough, fever, difficulty breathing), and, if so, get advice based on that. Good luck!
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Too many ifs: A person with flu like symptoms with a negative flu test is not automatically COVID positive. That said cases may pop up anytime in the community. Following local health care authorities recommendations without panicking is the way to go.