I took 4 bills every 12 hours of augmentin 1g antiobiotic for my sinus infection, i still have green discharge but i am feeling much better, i am worried about the bacterial resistance thats why i don't wanna take it anymore, is it safe to stop?

Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
Would continue : I would recommend that you finish the course of the antibiotic to completely treat the infection. There is actually a higher chance of bacterial resistance when people don’t finish their antibiotic courses as prescribed. You can certainly discuss this with your own physician who knows your medical history, but it would be best to finish it.

Last updated Mar 15, 2020