ZA

I gained a lot of weight during my pregnancy and now struggling to lose the weight despite eating clean,attempts to reduce calories and exercise as the extra weight causes persistent foot pain. do i need to see a dietician or is my metabolism slow?

Count the calories: Use breastfeeding to burn up stored calories. One can get her pre-pregnancy weight back, and work out with weights to get in great shape again, but cannot truly get her "pre-pregnancy" body back. That is because a pre-pregnancy body is a different stage in a woman's life than a post-pregnancy body. Her primary care doctor can check for a hormonal imbalance, and check the foot issue too.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 28, 2020