U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old male asked:

I seem to experience this after i eat something with sugar, examples being an energy drink or a flavoured protein shake supplement. with the exception of these my diet is usually natural whole foods, i generally limit and even exclude sugar in meals?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
The Runs: Please see your doctor to make sure all is well otherwise. You may be eating something that you are sensitive to. You can begin to eliminate one thing at a time from your diet and see if/when things change. We are all different and you may not be able to tolerate as much sugar as someone else. Great Plains Laboratory in KS, USA has a good food sensitivity panel. Peace and good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 17, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.