A member asked:

I had a laceration on my left calf in april 2019, was very deep, hospital just stitched the skin closed. area very sensitive and sometimes sore. have a lump above the laceration. which doctor is best to see for this, does it need to be repaired?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh answered

Specializes in Pediatric Allergy and Asthma

Rule out abscess : Please see your physician to determine if there is an abscess and need for antibiotics. Monitor temperature and if there is no infection, scar tissue and traction of the wound may cause these symptoms.

Answered 1/2/2020



Related Questions

Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question