A member asked:

I have a lump below my knee it feels tender, its swollen and i can feel a small lump in there, my leg will get cramps and sometimes will feel something is crawling up,m. went to doc he said wait to see if it goes away. but im concerned. suggestion?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Consult an orthopedic surgeon for evaluation. An xray may be ordered unless the lump is felt to be a simple soft tissue cyst or lipoma. Other possibilities include bone tumor, prepatella bursa effusion,old Osgood Schlatter tubercle.

Answered May 21, 2018



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor