Los Angeles, CA

heavy bleeding. endometrial biopsy showed polyp. hysteroscopy/polypectomy done and dr says my uterus lining looks irregular and has some scarring. never had a d&c. what does irregular mean? could this be hormonal? im 45 and fsh is 66

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Irregular lining: An irregular endometrial lining is due to inconsistent endometrial growth of the lining. This can occur at your age of 45 due to estrogen without progesterone stimulation as ovulation and resultant progesterone at this age is infrequent. Endometrial scarring can be due to a previous infection of the endometrial lining, placental childbirth issues, and of course a previous too vigorous D & C.