United Kingdom

I was taking clarithromycin for ear infection.i took 3 tabs, it didnt agree with me, so i switched to co-amoxiclav.would this have delayed my recovery time?would recovery (my doctor stated 48-72hrs)start from first clarithromycin or first augmentin?

Dr. Stuart Hickerson
Ear infection: Both antibiotics are indicated for ear infections. As such although you were intolerant to the Biaxin you did take it and it should be effective . So if you have an ear infection that is secondary to a susceptible Bacteria I would make your start day the first day of the clarithromycin.

Last updated Oct 14, 2019