ZA

our 5 year old has fever for the past 5 days. doc says tonselitis wull remove on thursday. he has been and still on antibiotics im worried is this normal?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 40 years experience
Wait until better: It is unwise to do surgery in someone with an acute infection. Most people who have tonsillitis do not need surgery- only if chronic or for many recurrent infections. Tonsillectomy is rare in the US because it usually does not really help. I advise waiting until he has recovered from this infection and would also get a second opinion from another doctor as to whether surgery is necessary at all.