U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 61-year-old female asked:

I am a 61 yr old female. hurt my ankle numerous times in past. was at orthopedist that diagnosed an unstable ankle and wants to operate. want to know if surgery is the only option or ate thete alternatives to surgery?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine 41 years experience
Prolotherapy/ozone: As Dr. Pillay said, physical therapy may help but another option is prolotherapy or prolozone, which involves injecting the lax ligaments to stimulate them to tighten up. See http://prolotherapycollege.org/what-is-prolotherapy/ and https://www.getprolo.com/prolotherapy-ankle-pain-treatments/ and http://www.faim.org/prolozone-for-pain-relief for more information.
Last updated Sep 15, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.