U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old male asked:

The left side of my neck is stiff and if i massage my neck coming down to my collar bone there is a tendon that when touched sends a painful rush down my in my armpit and to my elbow through my tricep muscle. do i need to see a physio or a doctor?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
Start with your doc: It sounds like there is some nerve involvement as suggested by pain radiation. Would suggest starting with your doc for an exam and detailed history. Along the way physical therapy will definitely help.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 3, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.