U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old female asked:

I cut myself last week. longstanding depression.... first time cut. i want to get help. i dont have time or money for specialists. can a gp help?

1 doctor answer6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 55 years experience
See your GP ASAP: Yes, your GP can help. See him/her, or any doctor, ASAP. This sounds like a genuine emergency: do not delay! Good luck to you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Steven Griggs
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
GP's usually have basic training in psychiatry, so, yes, start there. Are you eligible for public assistance? Suicide hotlines have all the low or no cost resources at their fingertips. I agree with Dr. Handsfield. Call today.
Jun 23, 2019
Last updated Mar 25, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.