San Jose, CA

I am experiencing mild chest pain or discomfort of sudden onset, on the right side, that gets worse with sudden movements, exercise, bending forward, that is unaffected by deep breaths, pressing on the chest, and that is unaffected by rest, bending forwar

Dr. James Burns
Emergency Medicine 38 years experience
I don't mean to : minimize your symptoms but I have found that when dealing with seemingly unverifiable complaints it is best to encourage the individual to tell you what their symptoms evoke in them. In other words, what are you most afraid of regarding your symptoms. In your case I would suspect you are concerned about heart attack, pulmonary emboli, collapsed lung. Once this is known then it becomes easier.
Last updated Jul 13, 2020