U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Pflugerville, TX
A 59-year-old male asked:

I done my annual check up this year and my psa level was elevated to 6.7 .in past 10 years my psa always been above 4.0 . i did ct scan on my prostate three years ago and everything was normal no cancer now i am thinking maybe i should do biopsy ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 51 years experience
Urologist: The issue you are considering is not a do it yourself matter. You need to consult a urologist. S/he may wish to do an MRI or ultrasound study before deciding to do a biopsy. The urologist may also treat you with an antibiotic to see if the level would come down, if the elevation is due to infection.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 27, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.