ZA

Dear dr. my 2 1/2 year old daughter has had all her vaccinations however has still come down with a case of the measles. my 2 month old has caught it. what can i do? i'm so worried.

See your doc: The kid can be given an immunoglobulin injection to prevent the disease. Unfortunately only 85% are protected with the 1st dose of the MMR and a second brings that to ~95%. When there are cases in the region it is important to remain vigilant & do all that we can to stop this terrible disease. If you were vaccinated or had measles, baby may have some resistance, but still needs more.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 19, 2018