ZA

Dear dr. my 2 year old has had all her vaccines however has contracted measles. now my 2 month old who has not been vaccinated for measles as yet has contracted it. what can i do?

See your doc: The kid can be given an immunoglobulin injection to prevent the disease. Unfortunately only 85% are protected with the 1st dose of the MMR and a second brings that to ~95%. When there are cases in the region it is important to remain vigilant & do all that we can to stop this terrible disease. If you were vaccinated or had measles, baby may have some resistance, but still needs more.

Last updated Dec 18, 2018