U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Chicago, IL
A 39-year-old female asked:

Gi doctor started me on pepcid for bile reflux confirmed by egd. how would an acid reducer help heal my inflamed stomach if i don't have acid reflux?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 42 years experience
Good question: It is a rather complex condition, but it was found that methods to treat gastric acid reflux would help treat bile reflux, including antacids as pepcid, in addition to life style modifications: reducing weight, stopping smoking, raising the head of the bed, etc.. wish you well
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 8, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.