A member asked:

No meds (ppis, h2 blockers, carafte, questran) seem to help my irritated stomach lining caused by bile reflux seen on on egd. what is next step?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Bile reflux: Unfortunately bile reflux often doesn't respond to the same treatments used for acid reflux, but it's still worthwhile to try them as both conditions may coexist. . Bile reflux has been treated with a medication called URSO or by surgery. I recommend consulting a gastroenterologist with special interest and experience with bile reflux and it's treatment.

Answered 2/27/2019



Related Questions