ZA

my lower back hurts almost every time i do physical activity that requires bending. i have had the same problem from a very young age. i always assumed that maybe is because i did a lot, but now i don't even have to spend 2 minutes bending to feel it?

Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Time to get seen: and evaluated, start with your primary doctor, who may refer you to a neurologist, meanwhile, avoid exercise or vigorous movements that would cause back pain including lifting heavy objects, wish you well
Dr. Donald Colantino
Spine clinic: In my experience patients with such longstanding back issues are best handled by a specialist or clinic dealing expressly with back issues. It's imperative to determine the cause of your symptoms and then consider the various treatment options. A current MRI of your spine most likely will be requested.