l5 s1 anteriorlisthesis causing spinal stenosis and pinched nerve.i had an emg and ncv but they were normal.could this still b causing my leg tingling?

Dr. Kevin Yoo
Dr. Kevin Yoo answered
28 years experience Neurosurgery
Yes it can: In my spine practice, I rarely use EMG/NCV because they often do not show any abnormalities. They seem to be only helpful if they are positive to confirm which nerve is hurt. So, the L5/S1 slip causing stenosis and pinched nerve can very much be causing your leg tingling. A L5/S1 slip often pinches the L5 nerve in the foramen and would cause tingling in the lateral leg and top of foot to big toe.
Answered on Aug 31, 2018