How can i get a prescription for clindamycin antibiotic for my abscess tooth and wisdom teeth infection. no insurance and can't afford to be seen.

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

You can't: Prescribing medication without an examination is not only unethical, but also dangerous. Antibiotics will not cure dental infections (an clindamycin is often not 1st choice), just slow down spread of infection until you stop taking them. You will have to bite the bullet and see a Dentist. Dental infections can be quite dangerous and spread easily to other organ systems.

Answered 11/5/2019

301 views

Dr. Gary Sandler answered

Specializes in Dentistry

No insurance: You can try the emergency room of a local hospital. However, antibiotics alone will not solve your problems! At best it will only be a temporary fix. Tooth infections can be extremely dangerous and even result in death. Call your local dental society and see if they can offer some advice about free or low cost dental facilities near you.

Answered 11/5/2019

300 views