how long should it take for my clindamycin to get rid of a tooth infection ?

Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
What type of infect?: Although Clindamycin penetrates bone fairly well i don't expect that the tooth infection will respond if it is a cavity. If there is a peridontal abscess it will need to be drained or the tooth removed. If you are talking about gingivitis it should respond within a day or two unless due to organisms not sensitive.
Dr. William Ledford
Dentistry 29 years experience
24-48 hours: The antibiotic will not cure the infection but will decrease the pain until; you can havre dental treatment.