U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old male asked:

High pitched squeal and low hum in my ears. doctors either jump to tinnitus or send me to audiologist who in turn tries to sell me hearing aids. ears seem blocked but the noise is keeping from sleeping and driving me insane!!

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Ear noise: You have received reasonable help for your symptoms but you can go beyond the traditional model and utilize clinical hypnosis to modify your response or attention to the noise. Please see www.asch.net for licensed professionals who may be able to help. Peace and good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 25, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.