Los Angeles, CA

On my upper left shoulder blade on my back i just noticed yesterday i have a nickel size pump/lump that has a black dot in the middle and his semi hard that has been causing a small amount of pain and discomfort for the past day and a half. ?

Dr. Sirpa Autio
Specializes in Family Medicine
Sebaceous cyst?: It sounds like a cyst with a blackhead. Can you upload an image. It is still a good idea to see a doctor for evaluation and likely surgical excision of the cyst. Most commonly the cyst will then be sent to laboratory for pathology evaluation to assure it is benign.

Last updated Jan 5, 2019