Atlanta, GA

hello, this noting when i woke up, i noticed phlegm in my throat, and needed to cough. when i coughed, a membrane tissue came out (white with small red spots) this was followed by a bit of blood?

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Phlegm w/ blood: Could be from lung or nose or due to reflux gastritis irritating lung/nose as you sleep. You you have e a cold? allergies? Smoke? the irritated tissue could eventually bleed a bit. or as mentioned from gastritis the acid irritates lung and nose. Rarely could be pathology in lung like embolsim or TB or mass or nasal pathology . Would follow up with doc/urgent care.