TX

i woke up this mornings felt like theres something in my throat. i tried to cough it out & got phlegm with spec of blood. no other symptoms.

Dr. David Lipkin
See answer: Generally, if a 28 year old person noted a spec of blood in phlegm after several coughs and had no other symptoms it's likely due to some superficial irritation in the throat area. If you have a cold and sinus congestion sinusitis could also cause this. Of course, if you continue to notice this beyond a day or two you should see your physician.
Pathology 44 years experience
You may have gastric reflux. You can try propping up the head of your bed on cinder blocks. This sometimes helps.
May 13, 2016