United Kingdom

i have very red sore gums (on the upper gum not next to teeth) and along the back side of my tongue and back roof of my mouth looks red patchy spots.

Dr. David Lipkin
If persists> See Dr: Red sore gums is called Gingivitis. Most common cause is a reaction to plaque buildup and periodontal infection. Red patchy areas on the tongue and oral mucosa are called Stomatitis, of which there are a number of causes. These include, among others, contact stomatitis due to allergic or irritant reaction to oral hygiene products, chewing gum, nicotine, or other substances.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Can't see: Can't see your problem without doing direct examination. Generally, any bleeding, swelling, or as in your case pain, should be immediately investigated. Please call your Dentist for an appointment. Additionally, if you smoke, quit. If you're a heavy drinker, quit. Both can damage oral tissues.