Australia

I woke up this morning and took my retainer off and my gums were mass and swollen in one particular spot my gums bright red and really sore. ?

Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry 9 years experience
Adjustments: needed to be done to those retainers ,assuming everything else is normal ,the single spot on the game is probably created by pressure from the retained edge the need a simple adjustment by your dentist to make it fit better.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Call: Call your Dentist for an immediate appointment to find out what's causing your gum inflammation (most common cause is infection) and then to treat it or refer you to a Periodontist, a gum specialist. Call the Orthodontist who made your retainer and make an appointment for an adjustment. Make sure to clean retainer thoroughly 2x/day and put it into Denture Cleaner 1x/day.

Last updated Aug 28, 2017