A 38-year-old male asked:
Disclaimer

my 22 month old child has swallowed a 10 cent coin, she does not show any sign of distress. what is the risk of this situation? do i need to take her

1 doctor answer
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
Maybe/not: If the kid can drink. the coin (if there is one) made it to the stomach so there is no urgency. If not, it may have hung up in the swallow tube & you need to go in now. If in the stomach, it is not toxic & might pass in time, but with no symptoms you can wait & see the kids doc.
Answered on Mar 25, 2018
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month

Related questions:

A member asked:
Dr. Laura McMullen
20 years experience Pediatrics
I : I hope you have gotten this problem taken care of and your daughter is ok since it has been six days since you submitted this question. For future re ... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Laura McMullen
20 years experience Pediatrics
I : I hope you have gotten this problem taken care of and your daughter is ok since it has been six days since you submitted this question! for futur ... Read More
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Allen Menkin
57 years experience Pediatrics
If : If your child is in pain, has difficulty breathing, or cannot swallow you have an acute emergency. If your child is not having any respiratory diffic ... Read More
1
1 thank
A member asked:
Dr. Florence Nwofor
Specializes in Pediatrics
Yes. It is rather: urgent especially if child has throat or chest pain. It is important to determine the location of the coin and evaluate the risk of aspiration. Take c ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month