A 64-year-old male asked:
a two and a half year old swallowing a coin, three days on and still nothing in his pooh, any cause for concern. otherwise well eating and fine. no corrosive risk from gastric acid. coin unknown. thanks?
1 doctor answer
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh answered
35 years experience Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology
Observe: Provide fluids and fiber in his diet. If there are any respiratory problems, cough, fever or GI symptoms, please see your physician. Batteries in the shape of a coin can be corrosive, and if there is a chance that the coin was actually a battery, please see the Emergency Department right away.
Answered on Mar 12, 2019
People also searched for:
Connect by text or video with a U.S. board-certified doctor now — wait time is less than 1 minute!