United Kingdom

teen with marble size bone like bump/growth at middle of the lower back of skull noticed a couple of months ago, has recently a constant blocked nose feeling has had an ear infection last wk could these be related? v worried about cancer, gp was not

Teen cancer is rare: The normal hard lumps in the head and neck are bones, which are symmetrical (left side same as right side). A newly-found hard lump should be evaluated to see if it is bone, or more commonly a lymph node or a cyst. A lymph node on the back skull can fee like rubber bean. If worried, an ENT doctor can look at it, and advise on whether to watch it or remove it. If truly bone, a scan may be needed.