I take 100mg of nucynta three times a day. just now, i wasnt paying attention and took a double dose. is this life threatening?

3 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Philip Miller answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Not life threatening: however, can cause severe sleepiness and sedation. I would advise not taking any more medication for at least 12 hrs.

Answered 9/25/2021

404 views

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Probably not an issue - but you may sleepiness and drowsiness. However your total daily dose is 300mg and by the cdc guideline it equates to 120MME - this is 30MME above what is recommended. Please have a discussion with your prescriber

Answered 9/25/2021

0 views

Dr. Katharine Cox answered

Specializes in Pediatric Emergency Medicine

Likely not but it is a narcotic and can cause addiction. Be so careful. If you are using this medication on a regular basis, you may want to have Narcan on hand for poor breathing. You can get this from your pharmacy. Use a dependable method to insure you are not taking an extra or double dose of your medication. Remember this is not for longterm use.

Answered 9/25/2021

0 views