Brooklyn, NY

i take nucynta (tapentadol) 50 mg every 12 hours. i'm in a lot of pain. i took one at 10 am. can i take another now?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Call Dr - ask/inform: Definitely call your doctor to ask or inform them. You dose is low, so it will probably not be dangerous, but try to avoid any more until the next due dosage until you contact them. Be careful w/ what you do once you've taken another - i.e., no driving. In extreme cases 100mg are used - don't worry. Just be careful and call!
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
You need to contact: the prescribing doctor for advice. We do not know why you are on pain medication, what other medications you are on, what pain contracts you have agreed to etc.