U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 23-year-old male asked:

I'm having real trouble with my knee. i've had two surgeries on the same knee. one for acl and one for meniscus damage. my knee feels really weak but it's been almost a year and i still get pain and discomfort. i would love some advise.

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Knee pain s/p surger: is there atrophy? Contracture? had an MRI? have you been in physical therapy? Tried alternative modalities like kinesiotape , acupuncture? Aquatherapy where you have resistance but less gravity? Do you use a brace? using Fish oil Vit D , tumeric ? often knee weakness is associated w/h quadriceps weakness and can improve with PT . F/U w/ university sports medicine orthopedic surgeon
Dr. Bradford Romans
A Verified Doctoranswered
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
Time to return: to your Orthopedic Doc or get a second opinion from a new Orthopedist. Best of luck

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 30, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.