A member asked:

I am 35 year old having acl and meniscus tear .should i go for arthoscopic knee surgery or not?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Abdul Ahmed answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

If you have symptoms ( swelling, effusion, locking , catching , giving out. Etc) and you had MRI scan then yes you should consider a'scopic acl reconstruction and meniscal repair or partial menisectomy if you have sedentary life , play no sports and do not have many symptoms then you may try physical therapy for 4-6 weeks.

Answered Apr 23, 2019



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor