ZA

When standing on a queue or taking a walk in the mall most of the time i get dizzy. i went to my doctor and said my blood pressure is fine.

Dr. Ira Friedlander
Cardiac Electrophysiology 43 years experience
If your doctor took: your blood pressure while seated only then he/she may have missed the orthostatic hypotension present and causing your symptoms. Ask for a reevaluation and see what happens to your blood pressure after standing for three minutes compared to a blood pressure taken while lying down. It may be a matter of just increasing your hydration and salt intake to correct the problem.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 46 years experience
Most often there: will be some dysregulation of the blood pressure, possibly due to issues with the autonomic nervous system, and repeat measurements of blood pressure needed in various situations--sitting, standing, after exercise, both arms--to try to document this. Making sure you stay well-hydrated to maintain volume in the vascular system is important. Evaluating your inner ear is also a good idea. Stay well:)
Last updated Nov 28, 2017