IN

how can we find colon cancer through stool test?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 57 years experience
Colon cancer: Good wikipedia question. Look for blood when you poo. Test poo for blood and can test for cancer cells in stool with DNA testing.

Does smokeless tobacco carry a high risk of mouth cancer?

Pathology 49 years experience
Yes: Any use of tobacco increases the risk of cancer, at multiple sites in the body.
Canada

Why is my 2 year old daughters stool always a shade of green? I rarely give her juice or food coloring so it cannot be the dye...

Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Normal!: It is not uncommon in some children. If the stool is formed , child is growing i would not worry about it. It is often from green leafy vegetables, coloring agents in the food or simply due to rapid transit from small intestine to large intestine where it normally is tuned brown.

My sister just diagnosis with grade 3 endometrial cancer with clear cells why are clear cells so aggressive?

Dr. Michael Swor
Various cell types: Endometrial cancer is characterized by stage and cell type. Clear cell is a description of the type of cells and simply behave in a more aggressive growth pattern than others.
Dr. Lester Thompson
Pathology 33 years experience
The clear cell doesn't make it more aggressive, but it is a description of the cell type. Endometrial or ovarian cancer when it is poorly differentiated (grade 3) has a more aggressive behavior, made more so when stage is include (extent of disease).
Aug 17, 2012
Gulf Breeze, Florida

Husbnd has stg 4 cirrosis liver cncer, I know the cirrosis is stage 4 but confused about how severe (what stage) liver cancer is?

Dr. William A Biermann
Medical Oncology 46 years experience
Hard to say: Typical staging of cirrhosis is by a, b, c and not numbers. There might be another scale that they are using. Liver cancer is associated with cirrhosis. Stages are 1-4. I think that the best way to know is to clarify with the GI doctors to get a clear idea.
IN

How can we find colon cancer through stool test?? What are the symptoms of colon cancer??

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
Here are few thought: Colon Cancer is often a silent disease in its early stages. That is why a colonoscopy examination is advised at the age of 50 years. Some people will present with rectal bleeding(Blood in the stools). Abdominal pain and anemia related symptoms(fatigue) can also be a signal of colon cancer. Stool tests(2 of them) are also available through your PCP.

Last updated Aug 18, 2017