i have a small bump in the side of my mouth located near my back molars and it is not on my cheek & gums so not a tooth, located below the cheek?

4 doctor answers
Dr. Michael Dagostino
39 years experience Dentistry
Oral Lesion: I would strongly recommend having a dentist evaluate this lesion
Answered on Apr 10, 2015
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
35 years experience Dentistry
Dental evaluation: There are many causes of bumps in your mouth and the only way to answer your question is by seeing it. So see a dentist asap to find out what it is and what treatment if any is needed.
Answered on Apr 26, 2015
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
See a dentist first: Some conditions like small bumps may require further assessment; tests and your dentist may schedule a follow-up appointment or refer you to a specialist to determine a diagnosis. See your dentist first for evaluation.
Answered on May 1, 2015
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Parotid duct: If opposite your upper 6year molar, it's probably the place where the Parotid salivary duct empties into the mouth. That said, strongly suggest that you see your Dentist to make sure. All swellings should be investigated.
Answered on May 23, 2016