United Kingdom

Hello, i think i can see my epiglottis in my mouth when i open it really wide. the back of my throat feels sore and as if there is something stuck there. should i be worried? thank you

Dr. Randy Stevens
General Surgery 24 years experience
Uvula not epiglottis: You may see your uvula but it is difficult to see epiglottis. You have pain with swallowing. Feels like something in your throat. I would recommend drinking lots of fluids. Get rest. It may be allergies and post nasal drip. See your doctor for pain after1 week or fevers and worsening. Hope you feel better

Last updated Mar 22, 2020