U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old female asked:

I am 16 years old and i've had an underbite from birth. my teeth are straight though. i was wondering how i can correct it and how long it will take.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Underbite: Very treatable. Depending on severity will require Orthodontics and possibly jaw surgery. See a fully qualified Orthodontic specialist for initial exam (usually free) and discussion of your treatment options.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 30, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.