I have braces. i have had them for 1 year. i'm getting them off early.. is this the right thing to do?! i have had them for a year.... my teeth are really straight now! it's just i want pretty teeth now. i'm getting them off in 11 days... right thing to d

Dr. G Funari
Dr. G Funarianswered
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 46 years experience
With : With out full knowledge of your treatment history and a clinical examination, only your orthodontist can provide you with the answer and the consequences if in fact you are removing them too early.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Harry Aronowitz
Orthodontics 45 years experience
When : When you say getting them off early what do you mean? If you mean that your orthodontist feels your treatment is not complete, then i would have to say it is not the right thing to do. If you mean that your orthodontist feels your treatment has been completed ahead of schedule then i say congratulations!
Dr. Jean Edderai
Cosmetic Dentistry 36 years experience
My : My question to you be, is the dentist treating your orthodontic condition advising you to remove the braces because you have reached the optimum expected results? If so, you shouldn't be doubting his professional expertise.
Dr. S. jay Bowman
Dentistry - Orthodontics 37 years experience
Probably: If you feel uncomfortable about the removal of your braces, make sure that you call your orthodontic specialist to make time to talk to you about your concerns before you have them removed. You should have those worries addressed so that you feel confident about the unveiling of your great new smile!