Sacramento, CA

I see my ortho every month and for 3 months he hasn't tightened my braces and now one tooth is crooked. do teeth move when the wire isn't tightened?

Dr. SHERYL POMERANCE
Cosmetic Dentistry 41 years experience
Ortho progress: it depends upon the bracket/wire system and the treatment plan. you should discuss this concern with the doctor(not the assistant). you may want the doctor to consider the FASTBRACES(trademark) system which moves the roots of teeth very efficiently.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Sometimes: If there is still some spring in the wires, or elastics are used, the teeth may continue to move even without further tightening. Best to discuss your concerns and questions to the Orthodontist actually treating you.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Call Orthodontist: You may have a loose brace or a bent/broken wire or a missing tie, ll of which can result in untoward movement. Call your Orthodontist naw. They may want to see you before your next regularly scheduled appointment.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017