South Africa
A male asked:

I have been clean off alcohol for 1 year and 8 months and recently drink 0.0 6 pack a day. is this bad for my liver and health.drink it to avoid beer ?

Dr. Kenny Chuu
Resubmit question?: Hi I think your question may have been cut off by the character limit on HealthTap. If you could please re-submit, we can answer it better. It's great that you have stopped drinking alcohol completely because heavy alcohol use will lead to liver failure, puts you at risk for cancer, and more. Here is a summary of the health risks associated with alcohol http://wb.md/1mJPQ08 Hope this helps
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Gastroenterology 35 years experience
Alcohol and liver: Your question is rather unclear as to what exactly you're asking. There is no healthy amount of alcohol from a liver point of view. The less the better, especially if you have an alcohol problem. Good luck.

Last updated May 4, 2017