i have liver disease from alcohol abuse and did quit.i started drinking beer.now i have blood in my urine.what could be wrong?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Lynne Weixel
36 years experience Clinical Psychology
Step-by-step: Here's a way to evaluate your urine issue before you see a doctor - but that's what will give you a clear answer. http://www.drugs.com/symptom/blood-in-the-urine-in-men-1.html Also - please realize that beer counts as alcohol. And, if you drink lots, it counts as a lot of it. Liver disease can darken urine, but it's not the likely cause of red blood. Hope it's nothing big. Be well.
Answered on May 23, 2014
1
Dr. Tso Chen
Dr. Tso Chen answered
Bladder or kidney: The bleeding could be from from the kidneys or the bladder. Make sure you go see your doctor for evaluation as soon as possible.
Answered on May 23, 2014
1