i recently injured my jaw (see recent cases). the pain is mostly gone but i feel a large bump where the impact was. it doesn't hurt a lot when touched, and feels like a 'line' that can be moved a bit and felt slightly from inside of mouth.

3 doctor answers
Dr. Peggy Ching
40 years experience Plastic Surgery
Your question is?: I need to know how "recent" was the injury. It would not be unusual to have a resolving hematoma at the site of the impact, now forming a "healing ridge". The important test for you to check is, tap your teeth together and see if your bite feels normal, grind your teeth back and forth and side to side as at a dentist. If all's good then I wouldn't stress about it. Healing takes time.
Answered on Nov 27, 2017
Dr. Yelena Kipervas
Explanation : Injury of your jaw may be cause hematoma or some inflammation of soft tissue, and this is reason for formation of some scar or even resolution of the inflammation. Give yourself a little bite time.
Answered on Apr 1, 2017
Dr. Robert Douglas
50 years experience Orthodontics
See your dentist : To be sure that everything is healing ok and nothing's broken
Answered on Apr 5, 2017