i was diagnosed with a pretty bad inner ear infection, finished my antibiotic but now its itching and i still cannot hear out of that ear. why?

45 years experience Pediatrics
Takes time: To have a middle ear infection you accumulate fluid/pus/debris in the middle ear.This must eventually be absorbed by the body or drain down your Eustachian tubes to allow the normal air (hearing) to return.The duration of antibiotic use is based on how long it takes to kill the germ. The fluid (hearing loss) can persist for a few weeks after that stops.
Answered on Mar 20, 2017