inner ear infection for over a week was giving ear drops no luck and now oral antibiotic taking it for 2 days not any better hearing 50% and ringing.

Dr. Jeremy Porter
12 years experience Pediatrics
Give it time: The ear drops will not help an inner ear infection. The oral antibiotic sounds right, but I'd give it a couple more days before deciding that it is not working. If you are getting progressively worse, seek further evaluation. If it's the same or slightly better, wait it out! By day 5-6 of an appropriate antibiotic, you should start to see some improvement. Hang in there!
Answered on May 2, 2015
1